I NEED A LAWYER
AFFORDABLE LEGAL SERVICES
Affordable legal services are reserved for the person who:
- is not eligible for legal aid
- is in a precarious financial situation corresponding to the scales indicated below
INELIGIBILITY FOR LEGAL AID
AREAS OF LAW
Please note that affordable legal services do not include the following areas:
- Labour law
- Immigration law
- Tax law
- Criminal law
- Human rights
Do not hesitate to contact us before submitting a request, and take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED VIOLENCE OR HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE?
Take advantage of our free legal services offered to people who have experienced or witnessed violence or sexual or psychological harassment in the workplace.
$65 per hour
Depending on your family situation, you may qualify if your family earns less than the maximum gross annual income (before taxes) below:
|Family situation||maximum gross annual income*|
|A single person||39 000 $|
|An adult with a child||43 000 $|
|One adult with two or more children||48 000 $|
|A childless couple||49 000 $|
|A couple with one child||54 000 $|
|A couple with two or more children||56 000 $|
* Gross income (before taxes).
$90 per hour
All non-profit organizations are eligible, except institutional organizations (early childhood centers, schools, etc.).
VERY SMALL BUSINESSES
$90 per hour
A very small business is eligible if :
- It has fewer than five employees or has been in existence for less than two years; and
- the principal shareholder or partner earned gross income (before taxes) and/or dividends totaling less than $40,000 in the year preceding the application.
We reserve the right to refuse an application if, based on its financial statements and tax returns, the business appears to be in good financial health.
If you have any questions about eligibility, write or call us at (514) 705-1637 ext. 245.